Monday, September 6, 2010

Officially in Ireland!

Monday, September 6th

Marion arrived on Saturday afternoon, so glad to finally make it to Ireland.  Dave has been chauffering us about, showing me all the great little villages he has visited.  We had dinner on Sat. night in a little pub on the wharf in Donaghadee.  We ate such wonderful fresh fish there!!!   Many of you know of my Swedish heritage and so can understand how excited I was to land at Belfast City Airport and find
 myself next to an IKEA store.  We did a visit there and came away with many helpful things for our home. 

Today was not a holiday so Dave was off to work and I got myself organized here at home.  After dinner we went for a drive to Mellisle, a small town on the coast, where we watched 2 guys kite boarding on the sea as the tide was coming in.  Then we drove to Bangor and found a great coffee shop just near the center of the waterfront/harbour.  There are going to be so many interesting places to visit and explore.  We need to get making our list of places to go and things to see. 

Sorry there are no photos yet, but soon.............

No comments:

Post a Comment